Monday, September 17, 2012

WALKING WITH JESUS

 


WALKING WITH JESUS

 
 




My son, Paul, will die without a heart transplant. But the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania refuses to put him on the transplant list -- because he's autistic.

Paul is only 23, and he's amazing. He was diagnosed with a deadly heart condition four years ago, but he battles through it with a smile. He's smart and creative -- we just self-published a story he wrote, and he's working on a sequel. He loves his nephews. And the whole family loves him.

I don't know how to tell my son that his doctors refuse to give him the operation that could save his life.

I promised Paul that I would fight for him with every breath, no matter what it takes. But I'm afraid my voice alone isn't enough. I started a petition on Change.org asking the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania to put my son on the transplant list -- will you sign?

Paul's doctor says one of the reasons he doesn't qualify for a transplant is that he can't name all the medications he's on. This is ridiculous, because Paul takes 19 medications. My son has faced discrimination because of his autism all his life, but this time, that discrimination could kill him.

I was devastated when I found out the hospital wouldn't help Paul -- it was the worst moment any mother could imagine. But then I read about another mom who got her mentally disabled daughter on the list for a life-saving kidney transplant after more than 50,000 people signed her petition on Change.org. That's what inspired me to start my petition for Paul. I know that if enough people sign my petition, the hospital will give my son a chance to survive.

Please sign my petition asking the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania to put my son, Paul, on the list for a heart transplant that could save his life.

 

 

 

HALF OF THE PUZZLE

I have no idea what it would feel like to watch a child that I have cared for and whom I loved with all my being suffer with cancer or any other life threaten disease. I only have half or just a small piece of the puzzle. For I have a child whom I too have watched grow from a seed to become a fine specimen of a young lady I cared for and love with all my existence. It sound like a simple thing and so easy of a concept to grasp but in reality it is the hardest thing you will ever do in life, and that is to walk with Jesus in faith. I know what I believe to be the holy truth and what I preach. I have set and watched a many Sabbath morning to our shepherd/pastor speaking and wondering how strong is his faith or do he really believe the message he is trying to get across to his folk, and sometimes haven't felt or experience the pain in which someone among us may be bearing what seem to be in our eyes alone. You pray to your heavenly father as instructed to do in Matthew for strength and Jesus said "he is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living and to pick up your cross and follow me." If you pray, you will receive an answer, "for those that have ears let him hear." if you can't accept the answer if it's not the one you where expecting then "you are not worthy of me." We can quote the Bible for word for word, but when it comes to walking it, it was never meant to be easy.  Simple things sometime are the hardest thing you will ever do in this life, like letting go. Like Jesus once told a rich man when he asked about being saved, and Jesus told the rich man to sell all that he had and give it to the poor then follow him and he walked away looking sad. Some of us may never become rich materialistically, but the love of a child is one of God's greatest gift to a couple to share and we have to give praise and be able to let go if that time every come across our path, when we start walking with Jesus.

 
 
All Rights Reserved © 8/20/2012 Esdrop Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment