Monday, October 15, 2012

STUPID IN LOVE

 
 
STUPID IN LOVE ALL OVER 
 
My name is not Jane. I need to keep my real name secret because the man who abused me can't know where I am -- I fear for my safety. But when I was leaving him and needed to get him off the cell phone contract we shared, Sprint put my safety at risk.

The man who abused me is the father of my son. When our baby was just four months old, he watched as his father strangled me and threatened to stomp on my head with steel-toed boots. I left and got a restraining order the next day.

But at a time when I had no job, no steady place to live, and feared for my life and the life of my little one, Sprint refused to let me get my abuser off my cell phone contract unless I paid them $200 -- even though the contract was in my name. I had no money, and the man who threatened to kill me could track exactly who I was calling and when.

I was inspired when I saw that another woman started a petition on Change.org asking Verizon to end contract cancellation fees for victims of domestic violence -- and she won. So I started my own petition asking Sprint to do the same. Click here to add your name.

When I signed the petition asking Verizon to drop cancellation fees for victims of domestic violence, I was shocked how many other people who signed shared awful stories about Sprint. One woman wrote about how Sprint made her meet her abusive ex-boyfriend in person at the Sprint store before they'd let her cancel her contract.

As for me, I'm still so afraid of my abuser that I can't even use my real name. But this issue is so important for women like me fighting for their lives, I knew I had to do something.

Cindy's petition to Verizon made me realize that I am not alone. If she can get Verizon to change its policies to prioritize the safety of victims of domestic violence, there's no reason Sprint can't do the same. I know that if enough people sign my petition, Sprint will do the right thing, too.

Click here to sign my petition demanding that Sprint follow in Verizon's footsteps and end cancellation fees for victims of domestic violence.

Thank you,

Jane Doe
USA
 


 
 
It is the most powerful aphrodisiac known.  We will kill for it and die for it; we will even lie for it and betray a member of our own house hold for it.  Even God himself have done more than we will ever know out of the love he has for us.   It’s the only drug that our body produces that man can’t bottle and sell, without it; there would be no reason to live.

It shouldn’t be about money but for many that’s what it has come down to.  There is no longer boy friends and girl friends, it is now called “friends with benefits,” and if you can’t afford to pay; then you want be playing.  Many go in search for this illusive feeling of what they read in books, saw in movies and heard so much about, until reality sets in and you find out that his or her feelings wasn’t the same as yours.  It was a lie that you bought and paid for sometimes in more ways than one.  Like Tiger Woods, he knew that she didn’t love him from the jump; she told him that much day one.  You think Kim Kardashian truly loves Kanye West?  She’s been past around so, she could be on the stock exchange, still he will fall for her before she falls for him.

It is no different for you, someone that don’t have anything to offer but love, only to be unappreciated and abused.  Even to the point that you can’t do without them, no matter how many times you told yourself and others that you were going to cut them loose.  Why?  Because you thought you could make them love you the way you felt toward them or maybe you thought you could change what you saw and didn’t like in them; fooling yourself at the same time.  Which lead us here and why Verizon and Sprint don’t care to hear your sad sorry.  Simply because we tend to run back to that same person or we find ourselves attracted to that same kind of person and the drama starts all over.  Just look at Rihanna and Brown talking about getting back together again.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment